YSRCP finalizes list of candidates for Assembly and Lok Sabha
YSRCP has finalized its list of candidates contesting for Assembly and Parliament constituencies in Seemandhra.
Sources said that it has been naming coordinators to the Assembly and Parliament constituencies instead of announcing them as the candidates fearing that it would have effect on the elections for local bodies. These coordinators will be announced as party candidates in a majority of the constituencies at the right time but the is dispute in case of some consistencies where new coordinators have been named in the recent weeks.
It may be recalled that YSRCP chief Jagan Mohan Reddy has been announcing the names of the party candidates in the Jana Bheri campaigning. Jagan has been naming most of the prospective candidates only as coordinators. According to sources, there were too many aspirants for Assembly seats in East Godavari, West Godavari, Visakhapatnam and a few other districts in Rayalaseema. The YSRCP has finalized candidates for all constituencies except a few seats in Anantapur and Chittoor districts.
It may be recalled that Jagan has named Koneru Rajendra Prasad, A Ayodhya Rami Reddy, Thota Chandrasekhar and many others during Jana Bheri programme.
- YSRCP appoints observers for Municipal and Local Body elections
- YSRCP leader Bhaskar Reddy lockup death
- 'Chandrababu Naidu hollow promises will be exposed soon', says Jagan
- YSRCP seeks Governor's intervention for completion of elections of local bodies
- YSRCP leaders slams Chandrababu Naidu for not offering any clarity on election promises